Writing makes you a better writer, just like practicing piano makes you a better pianist.
Mary Jakch from CopyBlogger has compiled a list of several things you can do to become a better writer.
Some that I like are as following :-
- Accept all forms of criticism and learn to grow from it
- Read what you’ve written over and over, until you can’t find any more problems
- Show what you write to a trusted friend for feedback
- Edit, and edit again
- Learn a new word a day
- Challenge yourself: write in a crowded cafe, write on the toilet, write for 24 hours straight …
- Read lots of books, both good and bad